Monday, July 5, 2010

Cedar Point fun!

On Friday July 2nd my mom and brother Derrick went with me to Cedar Point which is in Sandusky, Ohio.

So that crossed #40 off the list

Go to Cedar Point

I always wanted to go toe Cedar Point, the closest Amusement Park to me is Kings Island, and I'm kind of getting tired of that park, because I've been there so many times, so I was looking for something new. I know Cedar Point is well known for their roller coasters and I LOVE roller coasters. I just love the thrill of them.
It ended up being about a three hour drive for us. We left around 7:30 in the morning, and got there about 10:30. What is so neat about Cedar Point is it is surrounded by water, and if you look at the map you would think the park is very small, but looks are deceiving, the park is really big. There are so many rides. And what I loved about it is it has sooooooo many roller coasters! We went on about 10 out of the 15 roller coaster. We didn't go to the water park, and never even found it, because the park was so big. (But didn't want to go to that part anyways since it cost extra) Though we went on their 3 water rides. And of course I got drenched. I made the mistake of wearing tan shorts and pink underwear. So when I got wet, my bright hot pink underwear was showing through my shorts. oops. Oh well. I thought the whole park should know what color of panties I was wearing. :)
My favorite roller coaster was the mean streak, wasn't as good as the Beast at Kings Island (they are both wooden roller coasters) but it was still a lot of fun. The roller coaster that was super fun but really scary was the Dragster, I had my eyes closed the entire time. The ride is really fast, it is the world's third fastest roller coaster. You go 140 miles in 3.5 seconds and then up this giant hill and down it very fast. It was a great thrill. The roller coaster I liked the least was I forget the name of it, but it was one where you stand up, and I hated it because my head bounced side to side, and after wards I felts so sick and dizzy. It was not a fun ride. We rode about 25 rides. It wasn't too crowded. The longest we had to stay in a line was about 30 minutes. We left the park around 8:30. It was definitely worth the trip! I am so glad I had that on my list. What was also neat was you can leave the park to go to Lake Erie, since the park is surrounded by it. I will say visiting Sandusky, Ohio has given me a new love for Ohio. I liked it so much I would LOVE to move up by the lake though I know Matt would never go for it. For those who know me I live in Ohio, and I think it is such a BORING and non-exciting state but visiting Sandusky has made me like Ohio 40 percent more! It was so gorgeous up there!
I definitely want to visit Cedar Point again and spend a weekend at the lake and go para-sailing or something.

Here are some pics from our trip:





No comments:

Post a Comment