Saturday, July 17, 2010

Just because it isn't on the list doesn't mean it isn't AWESOME

So there are a few things that I have done lately that really aren't on the list, but I thought I would share. It is kind of funny, because lately I have been doing stuff that I really wanted to do, but never thought I would get the opportunity. So I didn't put them on my list. And can I just say, if you haven't heard me say this before, coming up with 101 things to do in 1001 days, was very hard for me. It took me at least 3-4 days to come up with 101 things. It is funny because of course after I came up with these things, I have thought of 20 other things I could of put of the list. But I'll just have to make another list after I do this list :)

So the something fun I did, that I actually wanted to originally put on the list, but never did, because I thought I would never have the opportunity to. And that is ride a motorcycle. I completely forgot my cousin Mark recently bought a motorcycle. The motorcycle looks like something an old man would ride but that is beside the point. Anyways when I visited my grandparents' house for Fourth of July, Mark was there with his motorcycle, so I saw it as a perfect opportunity to ride one. I always thought it would be a lot of fun to ride on a motorcycle and can I say it is tons of fun!

Though I'm not going to lie that it completely scared the shit out of me pretty much the entire time I was riding. I of course was wearing a helmet, the helmet was very odd looking, it looked like a helmet you wear when riding a horse. So I rode on a motorcycle with my cousin Mark, I hope he wasn't creeped out that I had a death grip on him. We took a little 2 mile ride on a main road, and the entire time I was praying and saying a Hail Mary, just because I seriously felt like we could easily fall off the bike and I plummet to my death. But that didn't happen, and I actually enjoyed it once I got over the fear of dying. lol.

Here is a pic of me riding the awesome motorcycle!


Another awesome thing was I got to see Gin Blossoms super close up, at a free concert. I heart the Gin Blossoms, they are one of my favorite things of the 90's. My favorite songs from them is Hey Jealousy and Found out about you. My awesome mom got us super close seats, I was probably about 10 feet from them. The only crappy part was that is rained before the concert, and I was soaking wet. But it was totally worth it, and the lead singer was so hot in his jeans and little bucket hat.
Here is a pic of the Gin Blossoms at the concert we went to:



And the other awesome thing we did just this past Tuesday was go to a Chicago and Doobie Brothers concert down in Riverbend. It was sooooooo amazing. Granted Matt and I were about the youngest ones there at the concert, it was almost a sold out concert. There were barely any empty seats. Matt's mom and dad went with us too. We were sitting in the very back row, but we were in dead center and had a pretty good view. Doobie Brothers was my favorite, they can really rock it out. Chicago wasn't too bad though. My favorite part was at the end when both bands played their songs together, so there were like 16 men playing and singing at once. It was a great concert. The only part I didn't like was when Chicago had some lady come up the stage and sing their ENTIRE song, apparently she paid thousands of dollars to sing live on the stage with them. And it was terrible sounding, it sounded like bad karaoke, and you could barely hear her sing, I wanted to hear the real thing not some random lady singing. If I paid thousands of dollars to sing live on stage with a famous band, I'm going to totally bust it out and rock it. Anyways here is a pic of the concert:




and something I have been obsessing over lately that is not on the list, is completing the Rubik Cube. I am so close! When I do, I'm taking a picture of it to show the entire world. I'm going to feel so proud when I solve the Rubik Cube. I want to be one of those people that is able to solve in under 20 moves. That would be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment