I feel like doing something on my list, since it has almost been over a week since I have posted on my blog. So I am doing number 12 off the list.
12) Answer 50 Questions that Will Free your mind
Can I say, these questions definitely got me thinking, I don't know if it necessarily freed my mind.
P.S. I'm dying for a pop! Only two more weeks!
P.S.S. Sorry the format of my list is funky, I don't know why it is out of whack, when it looks normal on what I'm composing.
Here is my list:
1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? 26, I'm only 26 and I
don't even know how old I am half the time, I keep thinking I am 26.
2. Which is worse, failing or never trying? Never Trying
3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so
many things we don’t do? Very good question, that is why I am doing the 1001 day
project, to help me do the things I want to do, but keep putting it off, because
I have to do other non-productive things like work and cook dinner, and clean the
4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
Definately, I am all talk.
5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world? War
6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? What I am doing now, working with kids, and making them smile.
7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing? Kind of a mixture of settling and doing what I believe in.
8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? Yes
9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? I would say 75 percent
10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? Doing the right things
11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do? This is a tough one, because I am known for going along with others if they are talking bad about someone. I am so bad for gossip and talking about others behind their backs. But if they were saying something really bad that I disagree with, I would definitely say something along the lines that what they are saying is not correct and this person is a great person.
12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? Expect the
13. Would you break the law to save a loved one? If it was a matter of life and death, YES
14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? Not directly, but yes
15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people? The way I eat my cereal, I eat it dry without milk.
16) How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy? Because everyone has a different idea of what happiness is and what it means.
17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back? Become a parent, what is holding me back is money, and Husband, wanting to wait for the right time.
18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? No not really. I try to let go off things right away, and let bye-gones be bye-gones, there is no sense on dwelling on the past and what will never be.
19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why? Probably Savannah GA, that place seems so beautiful and quaint. Seems like a great place to live.
20. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator
faster? Sometimes I do, when I'm being impatient. Even though I know it will not make it go up any faster.
21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? A joyful Simpleton. I already worry enough as it is, and it is not productive.
22. Why are you, you? Because God made me that way
23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? I'm not sure, I try to be.
24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives
right near you? Losing touch with a friend who lives right near you.
25. What are you most grateful for? Being alive
26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? I rather never be able to make new ones, because what is the sense making new memories, if you can't remember the old ones, memories makes up who you are and how you live your life.
27. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first? Yes
28. Has your greatest fear ever come true? No
29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now? Yes, and it definitely doesn't matter now. Now it makes me laugh, now thinking about it.
30. What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special? Christmas of 1990. It was the biggest Christmas we had, and not only that I just remember it being such an amazing time with our Family, and I could see all the love and joy.
31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? When I'm working and going into the classrooms.
32. If not now, then when? Then never
33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose? The satisfaction of doing it, you only live once, and if you never achieve it, then you'll never get to experience that feeling of success.
34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever? Yes
35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars? Because politics get mixed in the shuffle and distorts the true meaning of faith.
36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil? No. I feel like there are still to many gray areas, even though most of it is all in black and white.
37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? Maybe.
38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing? More work I
actually enjoy doing.
39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? Yes, I have
40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in? Good question, I have no idea.
41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? I would try to or at least give them a call.
42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous? No it isn't worth it, I rather be alive longer.
43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living? Being alive is simply that, being
alive, but Truly living is making the best of the life you have, and living it to the fullest.
44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right? Usually right away, because the more you think about it, the less likely you will do it.
45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? Because no one wants to be a failure. Sometimes we forget we are human.
46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? Probably nothing.
47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? Good question I have no idea
48. What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love? Matt, yes everyday.
49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that? No most likely not, unless something memorable happens.
50. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you? Sometimes my decisions are made by others, only because my decisions affect others.